Guideway Care offers care guidance services tailored to meet the goals of your health care organization. The proven success of Guideway’s program of non-clinical interventions in reducing unnecessary utilization and improving patient satisfaction, patient experience and quality of life translates to a diverse array of initiatives and settings. Guideway Care can help your organization reduce readmissions, align with alternative payment models, improve patient attraction and retention, and more. Learn how Guideway can help your organization succeed with our offerings below.
Guideway Care supports and extends your care team, reaching your patients beyond the facility walls to improve their experiences and outcomes
, strengthening your reputation in the community you serve
, and reducing or eliminating your current readmission penalties
Episode-based payment initiatives such as BCPI Advanced, OCM, and the CJR model represent an exciting opportunity for clinical teams to exercise full control over patient care, but also put more risk for the cost of care on the provider.
Guideway Care’s care guidance program gives you the leverage needed to improve patient experience and quality of care while controlling costs and positioning you for success under current and future bundles. Our program has proven results in decreasing unnecessary utilization, improving the financial performance for participants in these bundles.
The success of an ACO will depend on whether it can engage with patients before they have a need for clinical health care.
Guideway Care is the lever you need to move your organization from a reactive approach to one that is more proactive, efficient, and effective. We can help you target “hidden” rising risk persons/patients who represent significant opportunities to reduce unnecessary utilization. We can target avoidable inpatient admissions as well as emergency room visits.
The continuing consumerization of health care means that patients have more options than ever, and hospitals must do more to win and keep their patients.
Guideway Care offers a program with proven results in increasing patient engagement and satisfaction, helping providers build stronger relationships with patients and their families. We specifically help patients better understand care transitions, and our program can be an important component of your efforts to improve HCAHPS scores.
The Action Gap Assessment is a readiness assessment designed to evaluate your health system’s preparedness for implementing personalized patient engagement and patient guidance. When we perform an assessment, we review your organization’s people, processes and technology against 8 domains and 46 standards of readiness. The resulting report provides a step-by-step roadmap for your institution and all of your stakeholders for the journey to the effective patient and clinical engagement, management, and behavior change that is vital to succeeding in the new world of alternative payment models.
Guideway Care provides care guidance programs for a variety of conditions/disease states. Built on a framework of evidence-based, disease-specific protocols, our program of non-clinical interventions is tailored to your specific patient population.
Our library of disease-specific protocols covers the most common conditions and disease states in readmission and bundled payment programs. The conditions and disease states include, but are not limited to:
- Acute myocardial infarction
- Back & neck except spinal fusion
- Cardia arrhythmia
- Cardiac defibrillator
- Cervical spinal fusion
- Combined anterior/posterior spinal fusion
- Congestive heart failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ( COPD ), bronchitis, asthma
- Complex non-cervical spinal fusion
- Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG)
- Disorders of the liver excluding malignancy, cirrhosis, alcoholic hepatitis
- Double joint replacement of the lower extremity
- Elective Hip & Knee
- Fractures of the femur and hip or pelvis
- Gastrointestinal hemorrhage
- Gastrointestinal obstruction
- Hip & femur procedures except major joint
- Lower extremity/humerus procedure except major joint
- Major bowel procedure
- Major cardiovascular procedure
- Major joint replacement of the lower extremity, including total hip arthroplasty (THA) and total knee arthroplasty (TKA)
- Major joint replacement of the upper extremity
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)
- Revision of the hip or knee
- Simple pneumonia and respiratory infections
- Spinal fusion (non-cervical)
- Urinary tract infection