Care Guide (Patient Navigator) Position
Our non-clinical Care Guides (Patient Navigators) support patients and their caregivers to identify and resolve practical, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual barriers to care. The goal of the Care Guide is to help lower stress for patients by proactively identifying issues and connecting patients with the appropriate resource for resolution. This is an opportunity to make a difference for patients and caregivers.
The Care Guide Will:
- Meet with patients in the clinic and reach out to them between clinical visits by phone
- Work closely with the clinical team and health system resources to improve patient experience
- Research and identify community resources to assist patients
- Participate in a growing professional network defining the standard for care guidance by disease state
- Empower patients to communicate their preferences and priorities to their healthcare team and to take an active part in the decision-making process of their healthcare
- Contribute to the Care Guide navigation program development, implementation, and evaluation
Guideway has immediate opportunities to work with patients in the Birmingham, AL area. This is a great opportunity to get started in healthcare and grow a meaningful career.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Proficiency with a personal computer
- Technical and analytical skillset
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are necessary
- Experience with Microsoft Excel preferred
- Bachelors preferred, but the equivalent professional experience will be considered
- Applicants with clinical degrees such as Nursing, CNA, Medical Assistant will not be considered for this position.
- $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Birmingham, AL (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
How to Apply:
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com.