Care Guide (Patient Navigator) Position
Guideway has immediate opportunities to work with Cancer and COPD patients in Birmingham, AL. This is a great opportunity to get started in health care and grow a meaningful career.
Our non-clinical Care Guides (Patient Navigators) will support patients and their caregivers by identifying and resolving practical, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual barriers they face in accessing and navigating care. Care Guides are supported in these efforts by a dedicated manager, a technology platform that helps guide activities, and automated outreach tools that build on the person-to-person interactions with patients. The goal of the Care Guide is to help lower stress for patients by proactively identifying issues and connecting patients with the appropriate resource for resolution. This is an opportunity to make a difference for patients and caregivers.
The Care Guide Will:
- Proactively reach out to patients to address care gaps
- Contact patients after clinical events such as ER visits and hospitalizations to ensure understanding of needed next steps
- Work closely with the clinical team and health system resources to improve patient experience
- Research and identify community resources to assist patients
- Participate in a growing professional network defining the standard for care guidance by disease state
- Empower patients to communicate their preferences and priorities to their healthcare team and to take an active part in the decision-making process of their healthcare
- Contribute to the Care Guide navigation program development, implementation, and evaluation
The Care Guide will be working with patients who have either been recently discharged from the hospital or have a history of dealing with multiple chronic conditions in order to help them achieve improved levels of health. This position is located in Birmingham, AL and is a great opportunity to get started in the field of healthcare and grow a meaningful career.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Proficiency with a personal computer
- Technical and analytical skillset
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are necessary
- Experience with Microsoft Excel preferred
- Bachelors preferred, but equivalent professional experience will be considered
Applicants with clinical degrees such as Nursing, CNA, Medical Assistant will not be considered for this position.
- $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Birmingham, AL (Required)
- United States (Required)
How to Apply:
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.